All About Mrs. Jefferson
Hello! Welcome to Third Grade Reading at Thomas Magnet School! I am very excited to have you as a part of my class this year! We are going to explore our world the best way possible -- through the lens of a book! Reading is my passion and I cannot wait to share it with you!
Just so you know a little bit about me, here are a few facts!
- This will be my 20th year of teaching! I taught 1 year of 2nd grade at Barfield Elementary in Murfreeboro, 10 years of first grade at Community Elementary in Unionville, and have been here at TMS for 9 years where I have taught both 1st and 3rd grades.
- I earned my Master's Degree from Lipscomb University last year in Educational Leadership and Administration.
- I was chosen from a wide pool off applicants to be a 2020/2021 SCORE Education Fellow, which means I am working with teachers all across the state to learn how to best advocate for our students. https://tnscore.org/score-names-30-educators-to-2020-21-tennessee-educator-fellowship/
- I have been married to my amazing husband Evan for 17 years and together we have 3 daughters. Ella is ouroldest and she attended TMS for elementary school and now attends Cascade Elementary where she is anupcoming 8th grader, our twins (Evelyn and Alissa) are upcoming 2nd graders at TMS -- you will hear a lot about all of them!
- My hobbies are reading, reading, reading, and reading! I also love to spend time with my church family and am learning some new baking skills!
This year is going to be wonderful one for you, and your family. Third grade is a great growth year and I cannot wait to be with you every step of the way as you grow and explore academically and socially! TMS is truly a great place to be!